Thursday, March 12, 2009

CT scan results

I had my first post operative CT scan on Monday and am so happy to report the scan shows No Evidence of Disease, a state we call NED in the cancer world. So I am very happy to be 'dancing with Ned' still after five long years! The doctors all agree things are going quite well. My blood work looks great and I am not anemic at this time, a condition I struggle with quite often. The trips to MUSC in Charleston are long and exhausting so I have started staying down there an extra day to make the drive back home less difficult - it's about a 3 hr drive. I attend all of my doctor appointments alone, this is my choice, unless there is sedation involved. I may complain about these visits sometimes but in all honesty, I couldn't ask for a better facility to treat my illness and I totally trust them to take care of my boys too. My surgeon is one of the most 'good natured' and people friendly physicians I've ever met, and believe me I've met a LOT of them. His primary concern upon every visit is my comfort level and that means a lot to me. He knows me very well and doesn't even need to look at my chart when I am in office with him. He remembers it all over the last five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment